Principal Letter – Welcome To The 23-24 SY!
Our Future Is Bright – Welcome the 23-24 School Year
We are excited to officially begin the start of the 23-24 School Year.
Our key priorities this school year are to ensure that we are offering High Quality Instruction in all subjects, celebrating our students accomplishment by fostering a Positive School Culture and promoting Student Ownership.
We as a community play a large part in making these priorities a reality. We ask that you partner with us in the following ways during remote learning:
- Support your child to attend school everyday!
- Our teachers are prepared each and every day to provide high quality instruction. Daily attendance is extremely important as grades will be entered daily and progress will be tracked.
- Establish a routine at home to promote learning
- We ask that you set clear routines with your child in regard to bedtimes and set times to complete homework that has been assigned. Clear set times for bedtimes and daily reading of 30-40 minutes of daily independent reading is necessary.
- Have your child ask for academic support if they are not understanding a concept
- We are here to support your child’s learning. If they are not understanding a topic, please have your child ask their teacher for the concept to be reviewed.
We ask that you help with the constant flow of communication by engaging in the following:
- Like or Follow our School Facebook Site: Search MarieLGreenwoodEarly8
- Check our website (Greenwood.dpsk12.org) often to learn of new updates. Our website is available in multiple different languages.
- Ensure that you have allowed MLG to send you phone calls, text messages, and emails by calling the front office if you are not receiving them.
- Read Teacher & Grade Levels Newsletters Each month that will be posted on our website.
It is our hope to regularly keep you informed and updated on school news using these tools.
Mr. Blake Hammond
We are Marie L. Greenwood!