The middle school of Marie L. Greenwood Participates in all of the sports offered through the Denver Public Schools Prep League. Practices and games take place after school.
All students are required to have a sports physical to participate in a district sponsored sport. Students are eligible for practice and games once this physical has been documented and the school has a copy on file. If you need information about where to go for a physical, please contact Mrs. Martin, Athletic Director.
Students must maintain their eligibility on a weekly basis to practice and participate in team games. Students are responsible for bringing their signed eligibility progress reports to Mrs. Martin every Friday regarding the three standards of “Characteristics of a Successful Learner.” A, B, and C grading must be reported on the weekly progress report during the sport season for students to be eligible for that week.
Characteristics of a Successful Learner:
- Completes class assignments and homework in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Takes responsibility for own actions and respects self and other’s ideas and property
- Follows school and class rules
Students must submit a $25 fee to Mrs. Martin for each season they participate in a sport. The fee supplies referees at games, bus transportation to away games, uniforms, and equipment.
Fall Sports – Early
- Soccer: boys – 6th – 8th
- Softball: girls – 6th – 8th
Fall Sports – Late
- Flag Football: co-ed- 6th – 8th
- Volleyball: girls- 6th – 8th
- Basketball: boys and girls – 6th – 8th
- Baseball: boys – 6th – 8th
- Soccer: girls –6th – 8th
- Futures Football- http://athletics.dpsk12.org/broncos-futures-football/
Attend a game and cheer on the Greenwood Lions!
DPS athletics home page- http://athletics.dpsk12.org/